Copyrighted © 1961-2022 Ohio Association of the Deaf, Inc.
Our mission is to promote educational opportunities, protect and define existing rights of the current and potential deaf and deaf-blind citizens of America, and to solidify their social and economic security.
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities is a State of Ohio agency seeking qualified applicants interested
in working with individuals with disabilities to achieve quality employment and independence.
Would you like to help people as a State of Ohio employee?
Now Hiring for
Program Administrator 1 - American Sign Language
Provides American Sign Language (ASL) &/or other forms of English signing interpreting services for individuals
(e.g. consumers, employers, staff, public) who are deaf or hard of hearing.
American Sign Language
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and Caseload Assistant!
As a VRC:
• Counsel individuals toward increased functioning and mutually agreeable vocational goals
• Interview individuals with disabilities to gather detailed information about their work history, medical situation, and more
• Interpret diagnostic information
• Counsel individuals and their families concerning strengths and limitations based on diagnostic information
• Determines eligibility for services
• Develops comprehensive individual written VR plans
As a CA:
• Schedule and conduct interviews with OOD clients to assess vocational needs
• Coordinate and conduct job placement activities with consumers; assist in preparation of job applications and job interviews
• Assist with benefits counseling & planning
• Conduct referral screening & maintain documentation
• Monitor treatment plans & monitor caseload for progression
OOD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online today through the State of Ohio career site at careers.ohio.gov
Questions? Contact OOD.HRSelections@ood.ohio.gov
|Management Board Officers|
|Cedar Point Deaf Day|
|Kings Island Deaf Day|
|Past Event Flyer Archives|
|Ohio Revised Code 1701|
|Ohio Revised Code 1702|
|Ohio Revised Code 1716|
|Ohio Revised Code 1724|