Eastern Standard Time
Enhancing the interests and privileges of Deaf,
Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-
Copyright 2015 Ohio Association of the Deaf, Inc.
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities is a State of Ohio agency seeking qualified applicants interested
in working with individuals with disabilities to achieve quality employment and independence.
Would you like to help people as a State of Ohio employee?
Now Hiring for
Program Administrator 1 -
Provides American Sign Language (ASL) &/or other forms of English signing interpreting services for individuals
(e.g. consumers, employers, staff, public) who are deaf or hard of hearing.
American Sign Language
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and Caseload Assistant!
As a VRC:
• Counsel individuals toward increased functioning and mutually agreeable vocational goals
• Interview individuals with disabilities to gather detailed information about their work history, medical situation, and more
• Interpret diagnostic information
• Counsel individuals and their families concerning strengths and limitations based on diagnostic information
• Determines eligibility for services
• Develops comprehensive individual written VR plans
As a CA:
• Schedule and conduct interviews with OOD clients to assess vocational needs
• Coordinate and conduct job placement activities with consumers; assist in preparation of job applications and job interviews
• Assist with benefits counseling & planning
• Conduct referral screening & maintain documentation
• Monitor treatment plans & monitor caseload for progression
OOD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online today through the State of Ohio career site at careers.ohio.gov
Questions? Contact OOD.HRSelections@ood.ohio.gov
|IN MEMORY OF|